KTV practice and cantopop flashbacks

I went back 20 years today:

I went back to the countless roadtrips we took as a family when I was a kid. In the big black Buick, so big it could probably fit a smart car in its trunk. I remember my dad behind the steering wheel, probably revelling in how big the country was, and how much.. space there was on the road. I remember my mom in the passenger seat, handing me my mini pencil and my red "Wordsearch Fun" book. And I remember me sitting in the middle, in the armrest-that-doubles-as-a-seat seat, no taller than the armrest; not having outgrown it yet.

And I remember Jacky, oh how I remember Jacky. I sang my goddamn lungs out to his entire album. The same album, every roadtrip. I knew how to sing all the songs by heart, even though I had no idea what he was singing about. I still don't but I kind of remember the words.



So... this one's for my parents, who put up with all my wailing for all those years.

And to Jacky, of course. Everyone knows you were the only Heavenly King who could actually sing.

2 Response to "KTV practice and cantopop flashbacks"

  1. rickg Says:

    Is he seriously on a magical rotating stage? Cause that's awesome.

    Who wants to concentrate on walking around when you've got heartfelt singing (and a little clapping) to do?

  2. quiet.fyre Says:

    I didn't even notice that!! That is indeed special.